Training is one of the hardest parts of being a small business owner. Most of us are just too busy to devote the time to properly train our new staffers. Sitting next to our special new hire day in and day out for 30 days while they learn the ropes of the job is grueling.
This article will share with you some of the hacks I personally use to train people that are over 2,000 miles away from me every day.
I often set these up in the evening if I know that I may not want to work/train the next morning.
I sincerely hope you get some use out of this list below:
1. Techsmith.com’s – Camtasia product + Google Drives: Many times, I will have a trainee that I know comes in tomorrow, and I know that I won’t be there to be with them. Drop the video file into a folder that you share with your assistant and they will have the training in the AM – (while you sleep in if desired.)
2. Youtube + Word doc combo – What I do is find/Google 4-5 videos that I feel would be useful for my VA to know. Then, I type a brief instruction into a Word Doc and paste a hyperlink to the video.
3. Paid Courses, like NAR etc. – Since most of our clients are Real Estate Brokers, we go to sites like www.realtor.org with accredited courses. These training courses are excellent and save you hours of time.
4. Resource areas – Realtors use several different tools like MLS, WordPress etc. that have their very own training libraries. These video tutorials can teach your VA more than you know on how to use the MLS.
5. Coaching Resources areas – Great minds often have a coach. Coaches are a great source for training materials and business plans. If you have a coach (hopefully you do!), ask your coach for some training resources for your people.
Here is the magic of these tech bothers…. If things don’t work out with your trainee, these videos and docs will be there for your next one. This will save you from future work or the feeling of having to settle on an assistant just because you have time invested in them.
Hope you have a great rest of the day!